east municipal parking lot
250 east drive
Excelsior, MN 55331
free to the public,
Event Dates and Times
10:00 AM - 07:00 PM
10:00 AM - 07:00 PM
10:00 AM - 03:00 PM
2020 Excelsior Thanksgiving Extravaganza!
Excelsior Christkindlsmarkt Our 15th annual German Christmas Festival on Thanksgiving weekend.!
A three-day event modeled after the traditional German, open-air Christmas markets held IN Europe for over 700 years. The event features German holiday foods and entertainment for the entire family. It is free and open to the public.
LOCATION: East Drive, the municipal parking lot behind the stores on Water Street, also adjacent to the Excelsior Brewing.
DATES: Thanksgiving weekend: Friday Nov.27th, Saturday, Nov.28th opens at 10;00 am till 7:00pm
and Sunday Nov.29th Opens at 10am till 3:00pm
The festive market will be decorated for Christmas. Christmas figures, live evergreen; garland, wreaths, Christmas trees, and lights. The entrance will be bracketed with life-size nutcracker soldiers. Christkindlsmarkt will officially open at 10 AM on Friday, November 27th when the Grand Marshall, Father Christmas, and the Christkind Angel lead the parade down Water Street to the festival entrance and the Christkind proclaims the festival is open. Live Reindeer join the festival. Saturday and Sunday. Saturday evening at 5pm is the St. Martin's Children’s Lantern Parade on Water Street, a sight to behold with over 1000 children with glowing lights led by Father Christmas, Reindeer, and the Christkind.
This immensely popular market will feature
• Modern, vintage and traditional German artisan gifts.
• Local choirs and carolers’.
• An array of delicious holiday and German foods.
• Father Christmas aboard the NorthPole Trolley (running throughout the event).
• Horse-drawn buggy rides on the main street of Excelsior.
• KinderWorld (the children’s heated center for puppet shows, music, storytelling, balloon artist, The Tiny Diva Princesses, facepainting.
• The Frozen Princesses are at Kinderworld
The Excelsior Christkindlsmarkt offers an enchanting holiday experience to be enjoyed by young and old.
The Boy Scouts will be selling Wreaths and Garland.
For more information about the Christkindlsmarkt please go to www.excelsiorChristmas.com
Contact: Event Co-or; Myrle Mackenzie 952-292-8898
Excelsior Christkindlsmarkt Inc.
810 Excelsior Blvd.
The immensely popular market will feature:
• Modern, vintage and traditional German artisan gifts
• Local choirs, carolers, and musicians
• An array of delicious holiday and German foods
• Father Christmas aboard the NorthPole Trolley (running throughout the event)
• KinderWorld (children’s heated center for music, storytelling, balloon artist, and face-painting
• The Frozen Princesses in KinderWorld and on the NorthPole Trolley